I usually buy cereals yet always have to check boxes for sugar content mostly as usually monstrously high and then fat content.
This was until I found this lush recipe that is so easy to do and very adaptable re what nuts you wish to put in or perhaps dried fruits after the baking part.
This one can be eaten straight from the jar with milk, yoghurt and berries or you could soak it overnight to make a bircher type dish depending on your mood and creativity. Its’ very adaptable and I add seeds to mine as well when cooked.
I hope you enjoy as much as I do.
This recipe is vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free & dairy free
- 2 cups of gluten free oats (200g)
- 1 cup of almonds (150g)
- 1 cup pecans (adaptable) (150g)
- 1 cup ground almonds (100g)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 6 tbsp maple syrup (or much less if using honey)
- 4 tbsp of peanut butter (adaptable to taste)
- Pre heat your oven to 160c
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and mix well
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and add the granola, making sure to evenly spread on the tray so it’s evenly baked
- Place in the oven for approx 20mins or until golden brown
- Remove from oven, eat warm and allow to cool and keep in a kilner jar
NB. This lasts for a long time, so you can make a big batch.
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.
Recipe by Healthy Living