Shiatsu & Building the Immune System
An imbalanced immune system can inhibit any healing action and deepen or aggravate many existing ‘diseases’. A weak immune system, as a pathological pattern, creates a vicious circle in which the body is more susceptible to the invasion of disease. In turn the immune system gets weaker. Over time, the body becomes progressively more vulnerable and loses its ability to heal.
When bacteria or a virus enters the body, the immune system tries to fight back against the intruder. Shiatsu therapy & bodywork helps strengthen the immune system and its ability to fight back against any internal or external pathogen. It allows a weak immune system to be strengthened and an overactive immune system to be calmed.
General Symptoms of an imbalanced Immune System
• Susceptibility to ‘catching’ colds
• Fatigue (including chronic fatigue syndrome)
• Difficulty recovering from a common cold that may develop into chronic sinusitis, inflammation of the pharynx, commonly known as a sore throat
• Stomach flu, indigestion and lack of appetite
• Chronic ear infections that in turn, may lead to symptoms such as nausea, dizziness, vertigo and fatigue to name but a few
• Injuries that heal slowly and cause repeated problems (especially sports injuries in the extremities that involved tendons and ligaments, scars may not heal completely even after years)
• The body does not seem to respond to treatments for any dis-ease or complaint
As with other forms of bodywork, Shiatsu encourages your blood and lymph to flow around your body, taking oxygen to your organs and skin, helping them to release toxins and stimulating your immune system.
A course of Shiatsu’s would give your health an overall boost, be ready in time for summertime, and for those colds and bugs we, at times acquire.
I welcome any questions you may have, do not be shy – I’m most approachable?